Celebrating the long-term achievements of outstanding alumni in industry.
The Distinguished STEM Alumni Award is one of the School of Science & Technology's highest honours.
It recognises those individuals who have achieved significant success within their respective STEM discipline, including management in STEM, while upholding the highest standards in industry.
Common principles among Distinguished STEM Alumni Award winners.
Alumni who have won this award will:
- Have sustained professional achievement at the highest levels in terms of:
- Technology/innovation/academia/commercial leadership
- Achieving transformational change in an organisation
- Significant and successful project management
- Contribution to company profitability and job creation
- Significant impact on their industry and sector, beyond their own role and organisation.
- Have international visibility: influence/experience working across different geographic regions
- Be regarded as a role model for leadership
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity
- Be committed to sustainability
- Achieved other awards and recognitions
- Be alumni of the School of Science & Technology or its predecessors, committed to supporting the School in the future.